Welcome to the WILMSLOW CoderDojo website!
CoderDojo is all about young people exploring technology and
learning new skills in a supportive and relaxed environment. It is an open source,
volunteer-led movement orientated around running free not-for-profit coding clubs and
regular sessions for young people
At Dojos, young people between the ages of 7 and 17 learn how to
code, develop websites, apps, programs, games and more. Dojos are set up, run and
taught by volunteers.
In addition to learning to code, members meet like-minded people,
show off what they've been learning and help others with what they're doing.
CoderDojo makes development and learning to code a fun and sociable
CoderDojo puts a strong emphasis on open-source and free software,
and has a strong network of members and volunteers globally
CoderDojo has just one rule:
Above all - be cool!
Amongst the activities offered at the WILMSLOW CoderDojo young people can:
- Use SCRATCH to learn the basics of coding without having to type endless
- Explore the RASPBERRY PI micro-computer using the PYTHON language to:
- Interact with other hardware including sensors.
- Explore MINECRAFT from a new angle by interacting with the world through code allowing buildings to spring from nowhere!
- Create websites - using templates initially then moving on to making
- Explore any other technology as it becomes available within the CoderDojo - recent activities have included Robotics!
The video below explains what happens at CoderDojo in a nutshell...